Dried Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)
R95.00 – R720.00
The leaf can be smoked as a tobacco substitute.
According to the British Herbal Compendium, Dried Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) lowers fevers, induces sweating, relieves cramps, encourages menstruation, relieves inflammation, and stimulates the release of stomach acid to digest proteins and fats.
USES & BENEFITS
- Helps lower fevers, induce sweating and fight colds and flu
- Said to relieve cramps associated with hormones or illness
- Applied topically, it is helpful with skin itching, rash or other issues
- Can be used in skin treatment of slow-healing wounds – finely powdered dried yarrow can be sprinkled on minor wounds
- When used as a tincture or poultice it can help with haemorrhoids, rashes and broken skin
AS A TEA
- To use as a tea, pour 1 cup boiling water over 1 tsp. of dried yarrow, cover and steep 3-5 minutes
- Best taken hot for colds and flus
- Said to help digestion
- Can be added to footbaths – for chilblains
- The tea can be added to sitz baths – for cystitis, vaginal infections, haemorrhoids, etc.
- Can be used as a wash for grazes or rashes