USES & BENEFITS
- Respiratory remedy
- May be useful in the treatment of tuberculosis
- For bronchitis with a hard cough and soreness
- Beneficial for inflammation of the trachea
- Colds, coughs, earache and influenza.
- Also for colic, digestive upsets, nervous tension and insomnia
Infusion of mullein in olive oil may be used to ease ear problems.
For animals: Bronchial and lung problems, internal bleeding, diarrhea, pain, rheumatism, swellings, cuts, wounds and skin problems.
AS A TEA
Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1-2 teaspoons of dried leaves. Infuse for 10 -15 min. Strain and drink 3 times a day. A little dried spearmint or some raw honey can be used to enhance flavour.
Expectorant, demulcent, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, vulnerary