USES & BENEFITS
- Coughs and colds
- It’s anti-irritant properties and can help relieve itching, swelling, redness and dry/chapped skin
- Can help reduce water retention and bloating
- Can be used topically on the skin or as a soothing tea (tip, brew it with cold water to preserve its full health benefits)
TRADITIONAL USES (INTERNAL)
- Leaves: urinary system and lungs
- Roots: digestive system
TRADITIONAL USES (EXTERNAL)
- Used as an ingredient in drawing ointments for abscesses and boils and as an emollient for varicose veins and ulcers. Also popular as a gargle to soothe the throat.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Infusion: root/ leaves: Cold infusion overnight 2–4g of root in 1 cup of cold water. Strain and drink 3 times a day.
- Tincture: 1-4ml 3 times a day.