USES & BENEFITS
- Very popular for all chest problems
- Can be used in chronic or acute bronchitis, irritating coughs, whooping coughs and asthma and emphysema
- Will ease dry coughs and loosen tight phlem
- Useful levels of zinc and has therefore anti-inflammatory actions
- It has been used to treat cystitis
- Soothes swollen feet
- Can be used as an alternative smoke to lessen dependence on nicotine
HOW TO USE
- As a tea: Pour 1 cup of boiling water onto 1-2 teaspoonfuls of leaves. Stand for 10 min. Strain and drink 3 times a day as hot as possible.
- Tincture: 2-4 ml three times a day.
- For inhalation:1 heaped tablespoon of flowers and leaves, infuse and inhale the steam under a towel. Repeat several times a day.
- Foot bath: 2 handfuls of leaves, infused in warm water. Soak for 20min.
- Contains: Flavonoids, mucilage, consisting of polysaccharides based on glucose, galactose, fructose, arabinose, xylose, inulin, pyrrolizidine, alkaloids, including senkirkine and tussilagine, tannins.
- Acts as:Expectorant, antitussive demulcent, antispasmodic, demulcent, anticatarrhal and diuretic.